These resources are an optional starting point for classroom visits where you’d like to prepare a few slides. Please edit for your event and to add a personal touch.
ExampleofShortBioElementarySchoolMiddleSchoolHighSchool and college
PBS Kids Design Squad
Hands on activities and video demos for elementary and middle school kids.
Role model guides and training, icebreakers, and sample bios and templates.
Girl Scouts Imagine Engineering
Profiles of women in engineering including guides for Hispanic, African American, and Native American girls.
Engineer Your Life
Resources for high school girls, including profiles of women in STEM and career guides.
Resources for middle school girls, including profiles of women in STEM and career guides.Wonderwise
Videos and activity kits for elementary and middle school kids, focusing on science.
|Tips: Change the conversation!
Don’t say, “Engineers solve problems using science and math”.
– Engineers are changing the world all of the time
– They dream up creative and practical solutions
– Engineers work with other smart, inspiring people
– They invent, design, and create things that matter.- Use design or create instead of build.
– Describe the people you work with.
– Tell people how your work or industry makes a
– Share a story about a challenge from school or your career to demonstrate that even though you experienced setbacks and had to work hard, you became a successful engineer/scientist.
Use language like:
Collaborate, Imagination, Innovation, Contribution, Financially secure
adapted from E-Week training materials