Project Consultant Position
About the Opportunity
High-Tech High Heels (HTHH) Texas seeks a qualified consultant and/or experienced individual to serve as an independent contractor. The contractor candidate would assist the Board of Directors in the implementation of a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) education ecosystem and pipeline of programs in partnership with national and local non-profits, the Dallas Independent School District (DISD), and community partners in North Texas. This project seeks to increase the number of girls that pursue post-secondary education and/or a career in a STEM related field. The benefit of this program will be experienced throughout North Texas.
High-Tech High Heels is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the mission to increase the number of girls entering into a college-level degree program in STEM. We believe the world will be a better place when there is a diverse, qualified workforce in STEM fields. We achieve this outcome by creating an academic ecosystem that improves STEM education, inspires and mentors the next generation and provides hands-on learning opportunities for girls.
Scope of the Project
- Evaluate partnerships with local and national nonprofits, schools, and community groups
- Identify and select new partners to develop, deploy, and sustain the program
- Execute request for information (RFI) for local and national nonprofit organizations
- Aid in the creation of, documentation, and establishment of a national STEM marketplace that is a database of reliable national partners
- Review existing curriculum with partners, analyze, identify gaps, and document to create comprehensive programming that refines and connects partners and their programs together
- Guide team to identify feeder schools that will pilot the program
- Work with Educational Advisor and Data professional to measure if there are gaps in the program, put out a call for proposals to fill gaps, and measure the sustainability and replication of the program, implement needed changes
- Manage the deployment of an established ecosystem playbook that includes best practices, resources, cost data, and sustainability
- Aid in reporting results to the Board of Directors and Program Advisors
- Must share High-Tech High Heels mission and values
- Ideal candidates have at least two years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in education and/or advising nonprofits
- Strong Interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills along with strong oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Must be properly bonded and carry general liability or independent contractor insurance
- Location flexible
Compensation: Compensation commensurate with experience.
All High-Tech High Heels Texas partner and contractual relationships are undertaken without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation/identification, or any legally protected status.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com.