High-Tech High Heels is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the number of women working and persisting in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) careers.
We support organizations in North and Southeast Texas, Colorado and Silicon Valley that are improving STEM education and providing engaging and inspiring STEM experiences for K-12 young women and girls.
We just celebrated our 20th anniversary and look forward to a time when we see more qualified and diverse women – like our founders – in STEM fields.
Our nation is losing young women from the STEM pipeline early and at an alarming rate. This greatly limits their career opportunities and, if the leak is not fixed, will leave a gaping hole in the U.S. STEM talent pool.
- 25% of STEM positions are held by women.
- Only 12 of 100 female college graduates earn a degree in STEM.
- 4 in 5 STEM college students said they decide their field of study in high school or earlier.
How we do it
- Improve STEM education by funding programs for K-12 teachers and counselors.
- Fund hands-on learning opportunities for K-12 girls to inspire and prepare them to pursue STEM degrees.
- Provide resources to inspire and mentor the next generation.
Our impact since 2001
- 1,000 girls have attended physics camps.
- 800 STEM teachers have attended Gender Equity Training.
- 1,000 counselors have attended workshops on STEM careers.
- 40,000 students are impacted annually from HTHH programs.
Your donation today helps us fund impactful programs and education with a focus on inspiring the next generation of girls to select a college-level degree program in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM). Together we can help to close the gender gap in the U.S. STEM talent pool and stop the leak in the STEM pipeline, which starts early for girls.
Thanks to you, we can help inspire the next generation to make an impact in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
Join us on September 16th at 5:30 pm for this virtual event as High-Tech High Heels announces the 2020 High-Tech High Heels STEMpact Award recipient and hosts a discussion on the state of gender equality in STEM at our 2nd annual STEMpact event! In addition to...
High-Tech High Heels has completed our Winter 2020 grant cycle and we are excited to tell you about the programs we have selected to support through our grants of over $200,000!
High-Tech High Heels North Texas Chapter Elects Seven New Directors to Board DALLAS (Feb 27, 2020) –– The High-Tech High Heels – North Texas Chapter, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to close the gender gap in Science, Technology, Engineering...