PROGRAMS WE SUPPORT.
The Need: Our nation is losing young women from the STEM pipeline early and at an alarming rate. This greatly limits their career opportunities and, if the leak is not fixed, will leave a gaping hole in the U.S. STEM talent pool.
- 25% of STEM positions are held by women.
- Only 12 of 100 female college graduate earn a degree in STEM.
- 4 in 5 STEM collect students said they decide their field of study in high school or earlier.
HOW WE DO IT
- Improve STEM education by funding programs for K-12 teachers and counselors.
- Fund hands-on learning opportunities for K-12 girls to inspire and prepare them to pursue STEM degrees.
- Provide resources to inspire and mentor the next generation.
High-Tech High Heels has worked with these organizations to offer equity training and STEM career workshops for educators:
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation (NAPE-EF) Read the press release
- UTeach Engineering
- Infinity Project
- DFW TEC
- Region 10 Education Service Center
- Plano Independent School District
- Dallas Independent School District
- Richardson Independent School District
- Fort Worth Independent School District
- Lancaster Independent School District
- Education is Freedom Foundation
- Girls Scouts of North Texas
- Girls Inc.
- The Women’s Museum
- Laying the Foundation
- Educate North Texas T-STEM Initiative